Saturday, February 26, 2011

Little Shove

Have you ever felt like there are divine hands on your back getting ready to give you a little shove in a new direction? A time where you keep hearing the same thing in disconnected places. A time where too many coincidences happen way too quickly. A time where your life is a web of confusion, but if you stop for just a minute and look into the center on the web, it begins to come into focus. Yeah, me too!

I'm making a choice to give into that shove rather than push against it, thus this blog. You see, I made a vow to myself when I was 15 and I've been running from it ever since. I can clearly remember the day. I sat in English class on the second floor of Western High School in Las Vegas. My teacher had just handed me a paper I had written and delivered it with a lofty compliment. I told myself that day, "Maybe I was created to write, maybe this was a gift, maybe I have something to say...and IF I was created to do this and IF it was a gift, then I should definitely do that some day!"

Vows we make with ourselves are unique because they aren't just in our head, they are in our souls. God has a funny way of reminding us of the things we say to ourselves, to others, and even to Him. It takes a significant amount of faith to keep any vow, to answer a call, or to exercise a gift. So, I guess I'm a bit stubborn and a bit slow, but here I am ____ years later (Ha! You thought I was going to tell!!) doing what I told myself and God I would do.

I'm not totally sure what it says about me that it took decades and a divine shove to get me to obey, but I suppose we can explore that another time!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sooooo excited about this and very much looking forward to this journey - can't wait to read the next instalment and so proud of you for going with the 'shove' (that word sounds soooo english - always tickles me when you come out with English stuff - it reminds me of you being here.) Love ya, Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - so this struck me - the word I had to type in to get my comment on here was 'subled'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alli, will try to add in bits of my "Englishness" from time to time! ;)

    ReplyDelete