Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"All the great bands....

started with a keyboard and drums!" my son said to his sister (who was happily pounding the ivories), drumsticks in hand and a light in his eyes. I love accidentally stumbling into conversations between my kids! It gives me a window into their relationship, as well as their souls. This conversation was in the middle of several hours of music making merriment, a beautiful and rare moment in time where my kids got lost in their own giftedness and creativity.

They are my heroes! For so many reasons, but today, because they have this insatiable hunger to dream, become, create, and live. They can get lost in a moment and let it carry them to places only their imagination can take them. There are no fears, boundaries, or insecurities in their imagination. It is the place that they journey to become who they were created to be!

The older I get and farther I travel on this journey, the more I want to be like my kids! I want to get lost in my gifts, my imagination, my dreams. To get lost in a moment of my soul, where it knows that anything is possible. To find myself in the middle of a dream that my soul somehow knows is a divine possibility. I want to live in that place where everyday is a journey to become who I was created to be!

2 comments: