Thursday, March 10, 2011

Holy Cow!

I have done something consistently for 13 days!! I think that might be some kind of miracle! For me, it most certainly is! So, today, I will take some time to reflect on what 13 days of disciplined consistency has taught me.

-I am very undisciplined and really resist it. I think I feel like if it isn't "spontaneous" and "organic" it isn't real and authentic. I've discovered that's not totally true. There can be just as much authenticity in planned writing as spontaneous. That's new information to me!

-I realize that I give up too easily when things (tasks mostly) get difficult. I am a people person and when people get hard and messy, I don't give up or run away. I engage I wrestle, I encourage, and I motivate people! I guess because people inspire me and are life-giving. But when tasks get boring, monotonous, difficult, messy, complicated, and rigid...I just walk away and give up.

-I'm a little freaked out by the fact that I have absolutely no control over who reads this, where or when they read it, and how they react or respond to it. There is definitely a control freak in me waiting for a weak moment to creep out and take over the world. It's head has been peeking around the corners of my mind recently and I'm struggling to keep it at bay.

So, it's crazy cool that I am still here and still writing. I am apparently learning a bit along the way, which is total bonus! This journey may very well bring me more growth than I imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment