Saturday, March 5, 2011

Teacher Influence

This week I've been thinking about making a difference in the lives of kids through mentoring. It's interesting for me to look back at the adults and teachers that invested in me as I was growing up. Most of them probably have no idea the influence they had on me. My favorite teacher was in Junior High, Mrs. Antcliff. She was a happy teacher who always saw the best in her students. She was the kind of teacher who truly engaged with her students and focused on individual growth. She left a significant impression on my soul. I had a Spanish Teacher in high school, named Senora Segal, who probably was one of the most influential teachers in my life. She didn't really ever say or do anything amazing. She was tranquil and consistent. Mostly, she was positive and always pointed out what I was doing right, which really drove me to start believing in myself.


I just wanted to take a minute today to highlight someone who does this everyday! My cousin, Shannon Grabow (soon to be Wislang), is an Elementary teacher at the International School of Manila. She is an uber creative, full of life, and positive influence in the lives of kids every single day! Check out one of the latest videos she made with her class http://grabows.ism-online.org/2011/02/23/the-3-rs/ What an inspiration!


Take some time this week to appreciate a teacher in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment