Thursday, March 3, 2011

Better Place

A motto and theme I have carried with me for quite some time is that "I want to leave the world a better place than I found it."  If I remember correctly, it was birthed in a morbid pity party on a very dark night of my soul, but it's traveled with me since that time. It has driven me to seek healing for those dark places in my soul, to create a healthy family, and to give my life away.

This is the way I most often WANT to live, but find myself failing far more than I'm comfortable with. There is this duality that lives in me of who I am and who I'm meant to be. This inner conflict is the main thing that drives me to know God more. There is this magnetic pull between my soul and Him and I'm very cognizant that it is only when I invite Him into my ideal of leaving the world a better place, that I have any capacity to actually do it!

I quote Mother Theresa a lot, and will just go ahead and do it today!! She once said, "Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier." What does it look like for you to live your life today with a desire to make the world a better place? What would it look like for you to see people as the best version of themselves and leave them better and happier?

No comments:

Post a Comment