Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pencil in the Hand of God

A couple of years ago I came across an interview that Time Magazine did with Mother Theresa in 1989.  If you're interested, you can read it here http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,959149,00.html?promoid=googlep She eloquently communicate something that connected to my soul. When asked if she had any special qualities, she responded,
"I don't claim anything of the work. It is His work. I am like a little pencil in His hand. That is all. He does the thinking. He does the writing. The pencil has nothing to do with it."
This resonated with me in such a profound way that I needed to find a way to visually express the concept. Below is the photo I took that day, that hangs in a gallery wrap in my home office as a daily reminder that I am just a pencil in the hand of God.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely word picture in your picture. I enjoy your thoughts and preceptions about life and look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete